Just yesterday, it seemed like the world was overrun with Pokemon. Millions of players from dozens of countries flooded the parks and obstructed traffic to capture these virtual monsters. Is Pokémon GO madness about to disappear in the days to come?
- Figures from several independent organizations and analysts show that the popularity of the Pokémon Go is rapidly declining.
According to the service, the fashionable game has already lost a third of its active players daily. For now, if the graph is to be believed, the number of players has increased from 45 million to 30 million. The use of the Pokemon go map you can track down easily.
The Recent Choices
If the explosion in popularity of Pokémon Go had previously caused concern among the creators of other mobile services because of competition, now Facebook, Tinder, Twitter, Snapchat and others can breathe a sigh of relief, believes Axiom Capital Management senior analyst Victor Anthony.
- However, we must not forget that Niantic, publisher of the phenomenon game, has not yet knocked down all its cards and that new features could rekindle the flame in the hearts of the players.
- It will be called “Pokemon Sleep” and the concept is attractive but the details are few: the Pokemon Company, subsidiary of the Japanese giant Nintendo, announced Wednesday the launch in 2020 of a mysterious game which can indulge while sleeping.
After hunting Pikachu and other imaginary creatures in real life thanks to Pokemon Go, which has won millions of followers since its release in 2016, “we are now interested in the sleep” of players, said the president of the company Tsunekazu Ishihara in front of the press in Tokyo.
- The Japanese company had not directly developed Pokemon Go, but it had collaborated with the American studio Niantic, at the origin of this application on smartphone.
- He did not disclose anything, but what we do know is that it will be accompanied by a portable accessory designed by Nintendo. The “Pokemon Go plus +” will be equipped with an accelerometer to track the player’s sleep, data then transmitted to his smartphone via Bluetooth.
The popularity of Pokemon (“pocket monsters”), become icons of world pop culture, has never wavered since their first steps in a video game in 1996 on the legendary Game Boy console, followed by a cartoon broadcast on television and trading cards and trading with friends.
Conclusion The launch of Pokemon Go had resulted in a frenzy. The game is based on augmented reality, a technology that brings up virtual elements in the real world and uses geolocation to allow its users to catch small fictional characters.Three years ago, the authorities of many countries launched calls for vigilance and recalled the basic security rules in public space, some users taking reckless risks to get their hands on Pokemon.